Excursion TOK5 - 4.5 Hours - £165pp
Sumo or sumo wrestling is a competitive full-contact wrestling sport where a rikishi attempts to force another wrestler out of a circular ring or into touching the ground with anything other than the soles of his feet.
Perhaps the best way to appreciate sumo besides attending a tournament is to visit a sumo stable to witness a morning practice session. Sumo stables are where the wrestlers live and train together and where all aspects of life, from sleeping and eating to training and free time, are strictly regimented by the stable master.
This tour will give you a rare insight into this century old sport and allow you to witness first-hand the discipline and regimented life of a sumo wrestler.
- Panoramic city sightseeing by private charter coach
- Experienced and knowledgeable Japanese/English speaking guide
- The visiting time at the stable is around 90 to 120 mins and an early morning departure from the hotel of approximately 0630am is required to participate in this tour. Visitors are expected to follow the house rules strictly and not disturb the training session. Expect to sit silently on the floor for the duration of the visit.
- Breakfast will be arranged
Available when travelling on tour:
- AB AC AE AF AH CA CC CI PB - excursion departure 07 October
- AB AC AE AF AH CA CI PB - excursion departure 08 October
- AA AB AC AH AI CA CC CJ PB - excursion departure 09 October
- AE AF CA CC CI PB - excursion departure 10 October
- CA CH CI – excursion departure 11 October
£165pp - Use the Excursion Booking Form link to make your booking
View all excursions