Excursion OSA2 - 8-9 Hours - £145pp
Kyoto, literally means "Capital City", and is located in the central part of the island of Honshu and has a population close to 1.5 million. Formerly the Imperial capital of Japan for more than one thousand years, it is now the capital city of the Kyoto Prefecture.
Our first stop is Arashiyama, a district on the western outskirts of Kyoto. Arashiyama is a nationally designated historic site and place of scenic beauty, with the star attraction being the famed Arashiyama Bamboo Grove.
Nishiki Market situated in Downtown Kyoto is known to locals as “Kyoto’s pantry”, Nishiki Market is easily the best and largest traditional food market in the city. Running between Teramachi and Shinmachi, one block north of Shijo, Nishiki Market, here you will enjoy a lunch in a local restaurant.
Gion is the famous entertainment and geisha quarter on the eastern bank of the Kamo-gawa. While Gion’s true origins were in teahouses catering to weary visitors to the nearby shrine Yasaka-jinja, by the mid-18th century the area was Kyoto’s largest pleasure district.
Fushimi Inari Shrine is an important Shinto shrine in southern Kyoto. It is famous for its thousands of vermilion torii gates, which straddle a network of trails behind its main buildings. The trails lead into the wooded forest of the sacred Mount Inari, which stands at 233 meters and belongs to the shrine grounds.
Please note that this excursion requires considerable walking at each of the stops made and therefore would not be suitable for those with walking difficulties.
- Experienced and knowledgeable Japanese/English speaking guide
- Coach transfer to and from Kyoto
- Panoramic city sightseeing by private charter coach
- Visit to Arashiyma, Togetskyo Bridge and Bamboo Forest
- Escorted walk through Nishiki Market and lunch stop
- Escorted walk through Gion
- Lunch including one soft drink
- Entrance to the Fushimi Inari Shrine
Available When Travelling On Tour:
- AB AC AH WA - excursion departure 02 October
- CC CG SB - excursion departure 16 October
- FC FD FE FG - excursion departure 23 October
- CI IC IH - excursion departure 30 October
£145pp - Book Now
View all excursions