Excursion TOK3 - 8 Hours - £150pp
Yokohama, a Japanese city south of Tokyo, was one of the first ports opened to foreign trade, in 1859. It contains a large Chinatown with hundreds of Chinese restaurants and shops. It’s also known for Sankei-en Garden, a botanical park containing preserved Japanese residences from different eras, and the seaside Minato Mirai district, site of the 296m Landmark Tower.
You will be invited to join a Japanese tea ceremony, also called the Way of Tea, this is a Japanese cultural activity involving the ceremonial preparation and presentation of matcha, powdered green tea.
Your visit will also include Shin-Yokohama Rāmen Museum, a traditional street food court with restaurants each offering a ramen dish from a different region of Japan. Here you will have time to purchase lunch (at your own expense) in a mock-up of a 1950s Japanese street.
No trip to Yokohama is complete without visiting the Cup Noodle Factory and Museum. Here you will be able to create your own completely original cup noodle package, which is unavailable anywhere else in the world. For the cup that you design, select your favourite soup from among four varieties as well as four toppings from among 12 varieties.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel
- Experienced and knowledgeable Japanese/English speaking guide
- Entrance and walk through Sankeien gardens and Japanese tea ceremony
- Entrance to the Ramen Museum and free time for lunch (lunch at own expense)
- Entrance to Cup Noodle Museum and participate in ‘make your own’ take-away cup noodle
Available when travelling on tour:
- AB AE AF AH CA PB - excursion departure 08 October
- AE AF AH CA CC PB - excursion departure 10 October
- CH CI CJ FA FC FD FE FG FH IA IB IC ID IE IG IH PA excursion departure 25 October
- AA CH FE FG IA IB IG - excursion departure 30 October
£150pp - Book Now
View all excursions